Broadcast: 13 June 2015
Presenter: David Coomer
David cooks up a dish using the best ingredients from the Southern Forest region.
Manjimup Marron Recipe
– Fresh Marron
– 4 Kipfler Potatoes
– 2 Black Truffles
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Cider Vinegar
– Dijon Mustard
– Sea salt
Making your vinaigrette
1) While making your vinaigrette, put your marron in boiling water for six minutes. (This can save you six minutes of waiting.)
2) Put 2½ tablespoons of Dijon mustard in a mixing bowl.
3) Pour a drizzle of cider vinegar into the mixing bowl then whisk the ingredients together.
4) While whisking, pour in some of the extra virgin olive oil.
5) After whisking, add a little bit of sea salt and at least three pinches of pepper.
6) Take one black truffle and shave it finely, coarsely chop the shaved pieces with a knife and add it to the vinaigrette mix.
Preparing your marron dish
1) After six minutes in boiling water, take your marron out and place it in a bowl of icy water to stop the cooking process.
2) After three minutes take your marron out of the bowl and twist off its head, leaving only the bottom half of the marron.
3) Using a pair of scissors, snip the underside of the shell until you’ve cut out the marron meat.
4) Slice up the marron meat into neat disk shapes.
5) Grab your potatoes and like the marron, slice them into neat disk shapes.
6) Put your potato disks into a bowl, give your vinaigrette a small mix and use it to coat the potatoes.
7) Plate up the potatoes with your marron and enjoy!
Contact: Pata Negra – 08 9389 5517