Broadcast: 20th June 2015
Presenter: Daniella & Stefania
Daniella and Stefania brings a bit of Italian tradition to the West Aussie kitchen.
Preparing your pasta dough
- 500g OO Flour
- 5 eggs.
- Pasta machine
1) Pour the flour onto your bench and make a well shape in the middle.
2) Crack your eggs and pour it into the well, whisking together with a fork.
3) Slowly incorporate the flour and knead the dough well. (You may need to add more flour to get smoother dough).
4) Let it rest for 30 minutes
5) Cut your dough into small pieces and pass through the pasta machine, starting with the largest setting until you get the width you desire.
6) Cut the pasta sheets into lengths, then pass through the fettuccine cutter.
7) Place your pasta strips on a lightly flavored tea towel until you’re ready to cook your pasta.
Preparing your Salsiccia and Caper Sauce
- 3 fresh Italian Pork sausages (De-skinned).
- 2 cloves of garlic (Crushed).
- ½ cup of caper berries.
- Large punnet of cherry tomatoes (Chopped).
- 2 small chilies (Optional).
- Chopped parsley.
- Small bowl of torn sage leaves.
- ½ cup of olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling.
- Shaved Parmesan (Your choice of quantity).
- Salt and pepper.
1) Add oil and garlic to your deep pan.
2) Crumble your sausage meat, add it to the pan, cook until browned.
3) While cooking, add tomatoes, some parsley, sage, capers and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4) Presuming you’ve got your pasta ready, boil and cook your pasta, toss it into your sauce and start mixing it all together.
5) Add some more parsley, parmesan and drizzle a bit of extra oil.
6) Serve and enjoy your meal!