Broadcast: 20th June 2015
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor meets with Amelia Harray, an accredited practicing dietitian, who is working with the Live Lighter campaign.
- Live Lighter is a campaign designed to get us thinking about what we are eating.
- It is essential for us to consume two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables everyday.
- A serving of fruit usually consists of one medium piece, like an orange. A serving of vegetables is worth one cup’s worth of salad vegetables.
- It is recommended to buy fruit and vegetables in season, not only are they cheaper; it is more delicious when it is fresh.
- For some, fresh fruit and veg can be costly; canned or frozen options are a more cheaper alternative if you’re looking to save money.