Broadcast: 8th August 2015
Presenter: Peter Manifis
Oysters with Butterfly Wings
- 24 oysters
- 1 tablespoon of Basil (Finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley (Finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 24 strips of prosciutto
1) Lay the shucked oysters on a big plate and sprinkle evenly with the basil, parsley, alt and paprika.
2) Wrap each oyster in a strip of prosciutto.
3) Place on greased baking tray and cook under a griller for four or five minutes.
4) Serve six on each plate with a sprig of parsley.
- 12 Oysters on half shell
- 3 rashers bacon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 small pats butter.
1) Top each oyster with butter, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and chopped bacon.
2) Sprinkle with pepper and bake in an oven pre heated to 200C for ten minutes.
3) Serve and enjoy!
Oysters in Tempura Batter
- 1 dozen oysters in half shell
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup of corn flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of flaked salt
- 160ml (2/3 cup) chilled mineral water
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying.
1) Remove oysters from the shell and place onto a plate; wipe out the shell of the oysters and place onto a serving plate.
2) Place flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowel and make a well in the center, then gradually add and mix in the mineral water to form a batter.
3) Heat the oil in a deep fryer or heavy based wok or frying pan to 180 degrees or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.
4) When the oil is hot, begin to coat the oysters in the batter and allow the excess to drain before placing into the hot oil.
5) Cook the oysters in 3 batches for an optimum crisp result. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden. (Drain in a paper towel).
6) Place the oysters (Cooked) back in the original shells and serve immediately with lemon or lime wedges.
Contact: Ocean Foods - +61 8 98447311