Story: Fact vs Fiction Turmeric: Plant or Pill?
Airdate: Ep 2, 5 May 2019
Presenter: Dr Shy Vishnumohan
Turmeric is definitely on trend at the minute! Dr Shy gives you an insight into this new Western trend and some tips on getting the most out its benefits.
- Dr Shy has a unique perspective as she comes from the birth place of Golden Milk (or Turmeric Latte); Southeast Asia. According to tradition, it’s a great immunity booster and its used across Southeast Asian communities.
- Next time you feel a cold or flu coming on, drink a warm glass of turmeric latte as a first line of defence.
- Did you know that Turmeric contains an active ingredient called curcumin, which is a natural anti-inflammatory? It needs some help being absorbed though, so add a bit of pepper to your turmeric latte to get it flowing!
- Studies have shown that if you extract the curcumin from turmeric, the turmeric is still very effective, which means it has even more beneficial compounds than we previously thought.
- Dr Shy suggests getting your turmeric in its natural form to maximise the healthy benefits!