Story: Chicken & Pesto Pizza
Airdate: Ep 6, 2 June 2019
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Theo shows you how putting the ingredients in the right order can make your pizza hit the next level.
1 pizza dough stretched and ready to go
1 tbsp Sundried tomatoes (sliced)
2 tbsp Pesto
1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
2 cups fresh chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tsp Toasted pine nuts
1 tbsp Basil leaves
- Preheat home oven to 225c fan off
- Meanwhile chop the fresh mushrooms and marinate them in salt, pepper, and olive oil in a bowl. Cut the chicken breast into strips and marinate in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- On the base, evenly spread around pesto, sprinkle on top sundried tomato pieces, then break up mozzarella all over the pizza. Top with mushrooms and place chicken strips evenly around the pizza.
- Place pizza in the oven for 5 minutes and then check. If not ready, give it another 2 minutes.
- When the pizza is ready, cut and then sprinkle salt & pepper and pine nuts on top. Finish the pizza by adding the fresh basil on top.