Story: Zucchini Fritters with Lupin Flour
Airdate: Ep. 8, 16 June 2019
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
There’s no sacrificing gluten for flavour with Russell’s Zucchini Fritter recipe using West Australian lupin flour
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 100g self-raising lupin flour
- 100ml of water
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp allspice powder
- 1 zucchini
- Sea salt
- Oil for frying
Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Coarsely grate or cut the zucchini into thin strips and sprinkle with a little sea salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes.
- Place the Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Finely zest lemon and squeeze the juice from the lemon and add to the yogurt
- Add in olive oil, coriander leaves and season with sea salt. Set aside for a dipping sauce with the fritters
- Pour the lupin flour into a large bowl, mix all of the spices through then add the water and whisk into a batter
- Squeeze the zucchini to rid it of excess water and drop into the lupin batter and combine
- Heat oil in a large frying pan to approximately 180c and carefully drop tablespoons of the battered zucchini mix into the pan.
- Cook for approximately 2 and a half to 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oil to absorbent paper, keep warm.
- Repeat for the remainder of the fritters
- Serve with the lemon yoghurt sauce.
Fresh produce supplied by: