Segment: Stuart Laws’ Ultimate BBQ
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Air Date: 17th November 2019
- Beef Rump Cap / Picanha
- White Asparagus
- Swan Valley Mushrooms
- Flake salt
- Chimichurri sauce
- Remove any sinew from your picanha.
- Cut your beef into 4 even sized steaks.
- Fold the steaks, and then spear them on a churrasco sword. The fat on the beef will caramelise well on the barbeque.
- Cover your beef with a generous helping of salt, then put it on the barbeque for about 5-6 minutes either side.
- Use a potato peeler to peel the asparagus, then set it to the side.
- Break your mushroom into segments.
- Take the rump cap off the barbeque and let it rest for around 8 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus, coating it a bit, and then put it on the barbeque.
- Put some butter in a pan, and begin crushing and cutting your garlic.
- Put the mushrooms in the pan and let them cook for a bit.
- Once they’ve cooked a bit, add the garlic.
- Take the asparagus off the grill and squeeze some lemon juice onto it.
- Chop up some parsley and sprinkle it over the mushrooms, along with some flake salt.
- Slice up the beef, add some chimichurri sauce, and you’re ready to serve.