Segment: Strawberry Goodness
Presenter: Caroline Taylor
Air Date: 1st December 2019
The strawberry matchstick is a great treat for the spring/summer months, and is easy to create while still giving maximum wow factor.
- 2 x sheets of puff pastry 25cm by 25cm
- 2 x punnets strawberries
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- 150ml vinocotto
- ½ tspn pepperberry
- 250ml whipping cream
- Icing sugar to dust
- Pre-heat your oven to 220c
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Cut the pastry sheets in 9 rectangle pieces. Place on the tray with a bit of space between each piece and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Soak the strawberries in vinocotto and pepperberry for up to an hour.
- Whip the cream until you’ve got firm peaks.
- When you’re ready to eat, line up half the rectangles of pastry and spread the jam on. Next, add the soaked strawberries evenly across the bases, then add a couple spoons of whipped cream.
- Finish by adding the pastry tops and dust with icing sugar.