Segment: TVo’s Prawn Curry
Presenter: Caroline Taylor
Air Date: 8thDecember 2019
Tracy Vo teaches Caroline her easiest Prawn Curry made with sustainably caught Exmouth prawns. The Spice Mama Bombay Bottle Masala mix used for this recipe is based on Ayurvedic principles, so this dish is not only tasty but also good for your immunity system!
- Spice Mama Bombay Bottle Masala powder
- 1 tablespoon peeled, crushed ginger
- Peeled prawns
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup cooked green peas
- Coconut milk (1 tin or ½ tin depending on personal preference)
- 1 packet boiled rice noodles, cooled off
- 1 lime
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Add the chilli and ginger.
- Once those ingredients are cooked, add the prawns and two heaped tablespoons of the masala spice mix and keep stir-frying it so the spices don’t burn. Add the green peas.
- Slowly add the coconut milk and stir it in.
- Put the cooked noodles in a bowl, then pour the curry on top.
- Squeeze a little bit of lime on top to enhance the final flavour.