Segment: Tracy Vo’s Thit Kho
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Air Date: 29th December 2019
- 500g boneless pork belly
- 50g white sugar
- 1 litre young coconut water
- 60ml fish sauce
- 3 spring onions, white part only
- ½ tsp finely ground white pepper
- 3 red bird’s eye chilies
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli
- Sesame oil
- Light soy sauce
- Crispy shallots
- Chop up the pork belly into chunks
- Turn on the stove, pour in the sugar and add the water to caramelise.
- Take the stalks of the spring onion and bash them.
- Add the pork belly to the caramel – watch for it spitting and reduce the heat.
- Add a litre of coconut water. Add a quarter cup of fish sauce, then leave it for an hour and a half to simmer. Keep the lid off.
- 10 minutes into the simmer, add the spring onions.
- Add 3 chillies, then serve in a bowl.
- Take your boiled Chinese broccoli, add some soy sauce and sesame oil. Sprinkle fried shallots over the top.
- Slice the baguette and serve.