Segment: Pete’s Cauliflower Rice with Mango
Presenter: Peter Manifis
Air Date: 29th December 2019
- 185g roughly chopped cauliflower
- 95g young coconut flesh
- 3 tsp birch xylitol or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – 2 drops jasmine essential oil
- 250ml coconut milk
- 50g coconut sugar
- 60ml filtered water
- 60ml lime juice
- To make the syrup, place a quarter cup of coconut sugar in your pot, a quarter cup of lime juice and a quarter cup of water. Mix it around then put it on the stove.
- Take your cauliflower and chop it up into rice like pieces. You can use a food processor for this.
- Take 40g of coconut flesh, chop it up finely and mix it with the cauliflower.
- Take a vanilla bean, slice it in in half and scrape the vanilla out of the pod. Mix it into the cauliflower.
- Put the rice into a bowl, then add organic coconut syrup. Mix it around until it is nice and sticky. Add some psyllium husk as a gluten free binding agent.
- Cut the cheeks off the mango, cut 3 slices of each cheek and remove the skin. Cut it into chunks.
- Take your syrup off the stove.
- Plate your rice and mango, then drizzle some coconut cream over the top. Drizzle over the syrup.