Story: Foni’s Tipples - Grenache
Presenter: Foni Pollit
Air Date: 27th September 2020
Award-winning sommelier, Foni Pollitt, shares her favourite food match for the bright red fruity flavours of grenache.
- In WA, grenache grows really well in the Swan Valley, Frankland River and Geographe regions.
- Grenache’s taste ranges from red berries to black berries and even blue berries sometimes. When it gets older, you get dried herbs, leather and even orange peel.
- This wine does really well with any sort of grilled, braised or slow cooked red meat. At Mayfair Lane Pub and Dining Room, pair it with a good old-fashioned pub classic like bangers and mash.
- Grenache is a great blender and goes really well with shiraz and, but it is also amazing on its own.
- Foni suggests the best time for drinking it is probably autumn or spring.