Series: Our State On A Plate
Story: Consumer Needs
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Air Date: 18th October 2020
Stuart visits Mount Barker Chicken to learn about how they are accommodating their consumer’s changing needs in this turbulent time.
- Mount Barker Free Range Chicken is a local, family-owned company that pioneered free-range farming in Western Australia.
- All of their chickens are reared in the Mount Barker region, where they’re given access to a massive range area that they are free to roam.
- Like consumers, Mount Barker Chicken value authenticity. They ensure their chickens are let out every day for the longest possible amount of time.
- The manure out of the chicken sheds is composted and used on their farms, reducing the need for artificial chemicals and fertilisers.
- As the business has grown, Mount Barker Chicken has partnered with more family-owned farms in the area.
- These farms are blessed with good soil types, plenty of space and a climate that is conducive to free-range birds.
- Their chickens are not only happy but they’re healthy too, meaning there’s no need for antibiotics.
For more information, head to mtbarkerchicken.com.au