Story: Foni’s Tipples- Cabernet Sauvignon
Presenter: Foni Pollitt
Air Date: 1st November 2020
Foni shares her favourite food pairing with the full-bodied flavours of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Cabernet sauvignon has a long history in Australia, dating back to the 1800s.
- It is not a particularly adaptable variety and didn’t find success until its need for a medium maritime climate was recognised.
- Cabernet sauvignon is a late ripening and needs warmth, heat and sunshine in the right measures.
- If you leave it too long, you won’t get that amazing, vibrant fruit. If you pick it to early, you may get some unwanted characteristics that are not good for wine.
- The best Cabernet Sauvignon in WA can be found in the Margaret River, Frankland River, Peel, Perth Hills and Blackwood Valley regions.
- At Mayfair Lane Pub & Dining Room, pair it with the chateaubriand and duck fat potatoes.