Series: Our State On A Plate
Story: Old Synagogue
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Air Date: 16 May 2021
With international travel on the backburner, there’s never been a better time to immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and flavours of WA. Scott Taylor heads to bustling Fremantle to check out the Old Synagogue
- The Old Synagogue is located in the heart of Fremantle and is four destinations in one. Home of Tonic & Ginger, The Arbor, Mr. Chapple and L’Chaim, this venue has something for everyone.
- Located on South Terrace, The Old Synagogue was built in 1902 as a practicing synagogue and has been transformed into a multi-level, multi-layered venue.
- Head Chef Leigh Power looks after the kitchens of all four venues with a main focus on the flagship restaurant, Tonic & Ginger. He loves modern Asian cuisine and incorporates flavours from Thai to Vietnamese in his dishes.
- Leigh loves cooking with gas as the wok is an integral part of his kitchen. Using gas can help him control the heat and get that intense heat and char that’s so integral to Asian cuisine.
- Whether it’s in the Perth metro area or across regional WA – there’s never been a better chance to get behind the local businesses who also call WA home. And why not make your first stop The Old Synagogue.
For more information, head to