Story: Cullen Wines
Presenter: Cassandra Charlick
Air Date: 22 August 2021
One of WA’s most iconic wineries, located in Margaret River, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year! Cassandra couldn’t pass up the opportunity to visit the winery to chat with chief winemaker Vanya Cullen.
- Cullen Wines is one of the founding wineries in Margaret River, and one of the country’s leading sustainable wineries.
- Cullen Wines has been certified biodynamic since 2004, becoming the first carbon-positive Australian winery in 2020.
- The vines were first planted in 1971 by Vanya Cullen’s parents.
- Outside is the Self-Guided Spiral Biodynamic Garden Tour, and inside the Biodynamic Wine Room offers a chance to learn about the wines with a seated, guided tasting.
- Amber 2020, Legacy Sav Blanc 2019 and Diana Madeline 2019 are three of Cullen’s favourites that visitors can expect to taste when at Cullen Wines.
For more information: https://www.cullenwines.com.au