Story: St Brigid Bar
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Air Date: 5 September 2021
Perth's small bar scene has been expanding at a rapid rate recently. We are beginning to see them popping up in the most unlikely of places. On his hunt for Perth’s best small bar, Theo visits one of Doubleview’s newest watering holes.
- St Brigid Bar is located in the suburb of Doubleview on the corner of Scarborough Beach Road, and St Brigid’s Terrace.
- St Brigid is the perfect mix of the old and the new – the perfect neighbourhood meeting place covering everything from a pint of Beer to a sophisticated cocktail.
- St Brigid Bar came about after Hamish, one of the owners, finished playing a match of tennis with his mates in Doubleview and had nowhere to go for an after-game drink. The rest of the tennis crew, from around that area, constantly chatted about their desire for a neighbourhood bar.
- St Brigid prides themselves on their innovative cocktails which take a lot more skill than just mixing spirits.
- St Brigid is made up of three old shop fronts combined into one venue. To link the spaces, they've inserted archways to open it up as much as possible and provide a visual link.
- The signature drink on the menu is based on both Perth’s favourite coffee order in the morning and also their favourite coffee order at the bar, The “Long Mac ToppedUp”.
- The kitchen takes a large amount of inspiration from European cultures, starting with pantry items which include charcuterie, cheeses, tinned seafood, and all the other good stuff you’d expected to find at the ReStore.