Story: WA Citrus
Episode: Episode 8
Presenter: Brendan Pang
Air Date: 5th June 2022
WA Citrus season is about to flourish. Citrus orchards located from Carnarvon through to Pemberton provide oranges, mandarins, lemon, limes and grapefruit from May to December.
- Western Australia produces a wide selection of fresh full-flavoured citrus fruits.
- Eating citrus fruit freshly picked ensures peak flavour. Buying fruit from local orchards means shorter transport times and peak freshness. And it helps to support local families and businesses.
- Quality Tested Local citrus undergoes stringent pre-harvest testing for internal fruit quality. Knowing the fruit is super juicy and sweet once it reaches the customer is very important to WA citrus growers.
- Oranges and mandarins are sampled for quality testing throughout the season. Over 92% of WA citrus meets national standards for eating quality.
- Citrus fruits are well known for their Vitamin C content – and for a good reason. One orange provides almost twice the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C.
For more information, please visit: