Story: Wine Appreciation: Myattsfield 2022 Rosé, 2020 Mourvèdre, Tawny fortified
Presenter: Cassandra Charlick
Air Date: 20th November 2022
- Most commonly known here in WA as Mourvèdre, it’s also known as Mataro or Montastrell, and it’s originally a Spanish varietal which is perfect for our warm Aussie climate.
- The Myattsfield 2022 Rosé, the 2020 Mourvèdre and the Tawny fortified are all produced using the same Mourvèdre grape variety.
- The 2022 Rosé is a crisp and dry Rose was made using Mourvedre, Sangiovese and Viognier grapes from the Bickley Valley. Its delicate pink hue is accompanied by lifted rose petal, apricot blossom and raspberry aromas while the palate display forest berry fruits with a spicy, savory edge.
- The Mourvedre is a rich and complex wine packed full of red fruits an earthy flavours with a dry, spicy finish. Suited to medium term cellaring it will compliment a broad range of foods.
- Whatever your taste in wine – there’s an expression of Mourvèdre to float your boat!
For more information: