Broadcast: 31st July 2015
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Russell cooks up a delicious dish, inspired by memories of driving through Portugal; the Tomato Crostada!
Tomato Crostada with Organic Feta Foam;
- 30 grams of butter
- 30 grams of flour
- 225 grams of chicken stock
- 150 grams of mil
- 250 grams of Over the moon feta.
- Pinch of white pepper.
- Pinch of grated nutmeg.
1) Place butter in a large saucepan over medium heat to melt, add flour and stir until bubbling.
2) Cook for about 3 minutes then remove from heat.
3) Combine chicken stock and milk in another saucepan, place over high heat and bring to a simmer.
4) Pour simmering milk over flour/butter mix, whisk to combine and return to low burner, stirring with a wooden spoon until thickened and smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
5) Let it cool to room temperature.
6) Add crumbled feta, pepper and nutmeg and place into bowl of food processor and blitz to fine puree.
7) Remove and chill over ice to cool.
8) Pour into cream canister, add two gas charges, shake well and keep refrigerated until required.
- 6 slices of sourdough bread.
- 300 grams of mixed heirloom tomatoes, chopped coarsely.
- Few sprigs of thyme and flat leaf parsley.
- Extra virgin olive oil mixed with a little bit of freshly crushed garlic.
1) Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and char on a barbeque.
2) Mix the tomatoes together with herbs and a little bit of olive oil.
3) Spoon the tomatoes on top of the bread, top with a dollop of feta foam and drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil.