Segment: Pete’s Seafood Marinara Sauce
Presenter: Peter Manifis
Air Date: 3rd November 2019
Shark Bay Prawns
Shark Bay Cuttlefish
Currents (soaked in red wine vinegar)
Toasted pine nuts
- Add oil to the pan, then add crushed garlic, prawns, snapper, cuttlefish, salt and pepper.
- Give your pan a bit of a shake, then add some chopped tomato. Don’t put in too much – you don’t want overkill, you just want it to add some freshness.
- Mix the tomato around so it starts breaking up.
- Add some pine nuts, currents and basil. Tear up some fresh parsley, then grate some fresh lemon.
- Mix with the pasta – it’s ok if some water from the pasta sneaks in, it will help to thicken the sauce.
- Give your pan a toss, add some salt and pepper.
- It’s not a particularly red sauce, but it coats the pasta well.
- Finish it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, parsley and basil.