Segment: Funk Cider
Presenter: Stuart Laws
Air Date: 24th November 2019
West Aussies are always hungry for the next best venue, and the Swan Valley’s Funk Cider may just be that one.
- Funk Cider is known for its cider innovation, offering a range of fantastic flavours.
- The Michaels Brothers have always been passionate about fresh produce. They started out making cold pressed juices before naturally transitioning into the cider industry.
- Their cider house has been in operation since 2016, and is home to a restaurant serving gourmet food, all sourced from local producers.
- The on-site Viking Beer Hall used to be a storage room for wines that didn’t quite make the cut. When Funk Cider took over the venue, they renovated to give it more of a Viking feel.
- The way that the cider is brewed is what really sets Funk Cider apart from its competition. Their fruit is sourced locally, and the brewers focus on getting a funky yeast and a solid fermentation.
- Whereas beer has a big brew at the start and less time in the tank, cider stays in the tank for longer – around 10-14 days.
- The cider here is preservative free, gluten free and downright delicious.