Story: The Mushroom Guys
Presenter: Scott Bridger
Air Date: 16 May 2021
One of the most important things to the ethos at Bib & Tucker is sourcing locally and supporting WA producers. Exec Chef Scott Bridger heads to one of his favourites, the Mushroom Guys.
- The Mushroom Guys are a go-to for all the fungi needs at Bib & Tucker. Not only are they right around the corner in Kardinya, they have sustainability and renewable farming practices at the top of their priorities.
- Did you know the Mushroom Guys use Jarrah waste from the timber industry as their main growing medium?
- They also don’t use any sprays or harmful chemicals in the growing of their mushrooms, plus all their mushrooms are grown in Perth so they keep the food miles low.
- The Mushroom Guys grow their mushrooms vertically which significantly reduces the amount of land they need to use to grow the plants which differs from traditional farming methods.
- Gourmet mushrooms might feel daunting but they’re actually incredibly versatile in the kitchen. At Bib & Tucker Scott uses them in his dish of Grilled oyster mushrooms, Seaweed XO and crispy chicken skin.
- To get your own gourmet mushrooms has never been easier, the Mushroom Guys deliver locally too!