Story: Darling Darling
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Air Date: 22 August 2021
Have you ever wondered what it would’ve been like sailing the high-seas and stumbling off the ship after months at Sea? On his search for Perth’s best small bars, Theo makes a stop at a nautical-themed bar that is creating the ultimate pirate experience.
- Darling Darling is located just a stone’s throw from Freo wharf. So, you can walk in those weary sailors’ footsteps and find it hidden in the streets of Fremantle.
- Darling Darling was created and fitted out by one of Asia’s top bar designers, Ashley Sutton.
- Owner, Ashley Sutton, has crafted the interiors of over 28 bars and restaurants across Asia.
- Ashley grew up in a family of sailors and his love for the sea can be seen in every inch of this intimate space.
- From the hand-woven rugs to the bar, Ashley spent 18 months building and fitting out this bar which is now run by his brother Nigel and a team of expert mixologists.
- Darling Darling is known for its never-ending supply of shelled peanuts and its regularly changing drinks menu.
- The newest edition to the drink’s menu is the Passionfruit Vodka Mule, a new take on the traditional Moscow Mule.