Story: Lilydale Chicken
Episode: Episode 4
Presenter: Brendan Pang
Air Date: 8th May 2022
Lilydale Chicken Segment, brought to you by IGA Supermarkets, featuring Preston Street IGA.
- WA is known for its beautiful coast line and landscape that offers abundance of fresh produce. One of these is Lilydale Chicken, the pioneers in free range chicken.
- For nearly 20 years, passionate Lilydale farmers have been perfecting free range farming based on one simple belief: chicken that's raised better, tastes better. Today, our commitment to quality and to the welfare of our chickens is what sets us apart.
- When you buy Lilydale, you’re buying free range chicken that have been raised with care on Lilydale farms by Lilydale farmers.
- All Lilydale chickens are raised without the use of antibiotics, no added hormones and no added growth.
- Lilydale farmers are dedicated to farming with care and it’s evident in the taste. Care and love go a long way when you cook.
RECIPE: Yogurt Roast Chicken with a Cypriot Grain Salad
- 200g Greek yogurt.
- ½ onion, finely chopped.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped.
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon.
- 1 tbsp ground cumin.
- 1 tbsp ground coriander.
- ½ tsp smoked paprika.
- 1 large chicken, butterflied (about 1.8kg)
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Add yogurt, onion, garlic, parsley lemon rind and spices to a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Add chicken to a large bowl followed by yogurt mix. Mix well with your hands and massage thoroughly to coat. Transfer chicken to a container and cover. Set aside refrigerated to marinate for at least 2 – 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Remove chicken from the fridge and wipe off any excess marinade. Place baking paper onto a baking tray, and place down your chicken skin side up. Drizzle with some olive oil and roast until cooked through (juices should run clear), approx. 45 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salad and lemon wedges.
Cypriot Grain Salad
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped.
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped.
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced.
- 1 cup freekeh.
- 1/2 cup green lentils. (French-style lentils)
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds.
- 2 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds.
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds.
- 2 tbsp baby capers.
For more information, please visit: