Broadcast: 20th June 2015
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
Just because your diet is gluten free, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the world’s greatest dish. Theo cooks up a delicious gluten free pizza that everyone can enjoy.
Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 375g gluten-free flour (Plus extra for rolling out).
- 1-teaspoon baking powder.
- 200-250 ml Acqua Minerale (Sparkling Water).
1) Place water in a bowl then add all the ingredients on top until you get a smooth dough – should take five minutes of clumping together.
2) Roll the dough straight away to prevent it from cracking.
3) Using gluten-free flour, roll out the base to fit a 13 inch tray.
4) Use a knife to trim any excess dough hanging off the tray.
5) Wrap up the base onto the tray and leave it in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes to keep the dough from cracking. (You can keep your dough in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month).
Roast Chicken Burrito Topping
- Pizza base (Rolled, rested & ready).
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic.
- 1-cup low fat mozzarella, grated.
- 2 tablespoons spicy tomato salsa.
- 1 cup of achiote (Mexican paprika, you can use normal paprika).
- Marinated chicken.
- 2 tablespoons kidney beans.
- 1 fresh avocado
- ¼ red onion (Thin slices).
- 1-cup cherry tomatoes (Cut into small pieces).
1) Spread the chopped garlic over the base.
2) Cover with mozzarella.
3) Place marinated chicken pieces on top of mozzarella and sprinkle with kidney beans.
4) Cook for 7-10 minutes.
5) Once cooked, cut the pizza into 8 pieces and place on serving dish.
6) Add a spoonful of the fresh avocado, cherry tomatoes & red onion on each piece.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Contact Theo & Co: