Story: Harvey Beef, Beef Tartare
Airdate: Ep 7, 9 June 2019
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Russell uses top quality Harvey Beef Fillet in this delicious Beef Tartare recipe.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 250 grams Harvey Beef Eye Fillet steak, shopped finely
- 4 cornichons (little gherkins) finely chopped
- 2 tsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- Few drops tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Manjimup Royal Blue Potatoes
- 500ml Oil for frying
- 100 gm West Australian pecorino cheese
- First make your potato crisps:
- Slice potatoes on a mandolin, 2mm thick a bit thicker than a 5-cent piece.
- Place in a bowl and cover with water, wash and drain well.
- Make sure the potatoes have drained and have no residual water on them, or the oil will spit!
- Heat oil in a deep heavy saucepan, to about 180C.
- Carefully place a few potato chips in at a time, cook until they are golden, remove and place onto kitchen paper.
- Repeat until all cooked, season with a little salt and reserve at room temperature.
- Place the chopped beef, cornichons, capers, shallots, tabasco, Dijon Mustard & Worcestershire sauce into a large bowl.
- Add two egg yolks, season and mix well.
- Spoon onto your serving plate, grate pecorino cheese over the top and, making a small indent in the middle, place the 3rd egg yolk.
- Eat immediately with potato crisps.
Fresh produce supplied by: