Segment: Mediterranean Style Octopus on the BBQ
Presenter: Peter Manifis
Air Date: 8thDecember 2019
Peter cooks one of his favourite dishes: octopus on the weber… very simple to cook and super tasty!
- A whole octopus
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Fresh chilli
- Curly parsley
- A pinch of capers
- ½ lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Some Royal Blue potatoes
- Salt (for the potatoes)
- Heat the weber BBQ for at least 15 minutes.
- Pull the whole octopus out and place it straight on the weber as it is - no salt, pepper or oil needed. Frozen octopus can be used too as the broken enzymes will make it even more tender.
- Leave the tentacles side down, close the lid, let it bake for about 15 minutes, then flip it over for at least another 10 minutes until it’s a bit charred on both sides.
- In the meantime, get the dressing ready: cut the garlic, chilli, parsley, capers, lemon, oil.
- Dice the potatoes, boil them in salty water, drain them and keep them aside.
- When the octopus is ready, slice it up and serve it on a plate with the potatoes. Drizzle the dressing on top.