Segment: Caroline Taylor’s Gluten Free Seafood Chowder
Presenter: Caroline Taylor
Air Date: 8thDecember 2019
A delicious nutrients-packed, gluten free one pot meal prepared with WA sustainable seafood… this dish ticks all the boxes!
- 60g butter
- 2 rashers of bacon finely chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped, peeled
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 potatoes finely chopped, peeled
- 1.3 cup of gluten free plain flour
- 4 cups fish stock
- 400g white fish fillet cut into pieces
- 200g prawns
- ¾ cup cream
- 1/3 cup dill chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Dill (to garnish)
- 1 pinch seasoning
- Heat half the butter in a large pan, then add bacon. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining butter, stir in the leek, carrot, celery and potato. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until vegetables have softened and are lightly golden.
- Add flour, cook for 1 minute, then gradually add heated fish stock. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish pieces and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add scallops, prawns, cream, parsley and reserved bacon. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes without letting the soup boil.
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with dill.
- Serve immediately.