Segment: Caroline Taylor’s Beetroot & Carrot Coleslaw
Presenter: Caroline Taylor
Air Date: 29th December 2019
- 8 large beetroot, grated
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 bunches coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 pkt dill, chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 80g crumbling feta
- Spread walnuts evenly on a lined gastro tray.
- Coat lightly with maple syrup and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Roast for 10-minute intervals, moving nuts around with a spoon to prevent sticking.
- You are aiming for a dry, crunchy finished product.
- Mix all grated and chopped ingredients together – this will last in the fridge for up to 4 days, check the taste before serving.
- Add a handful of spinach to a bowl plate, add 2 tongs worth of beetroot mix.
- Add half a handful of spinach and then 1 tong worth of beetroot mix.
- Finish with crumbling feta.
- Add 2 tbspn of chopped candied walnuts and a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.